Firstly, I’ve had so many new followers, I have no idea how that happened but thank you all so much!
Secondly, as you can see from the title, I have been nominated by Anna for the Sunshine Blogger Award, thank you so much lovely! I was also nominated by Elysia a few weeks ago and completely forgot… sums me up!
Anyway, let’s get into it:
1.) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2.) Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3.) Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 questions.
4.) List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Questions from Anna
1. What is the best and worst purchases you’ve ever made?
Hmm, this is a hard one! The best would have to be Elliott’s Ipad because now he doesn’t use mine, and the worse would have to be, I bought these kitchen knives for Uni (I literally moved into halls for 7 weeks but that’s a whole other post) and I couldn’t even get the knife through an onion, they were…. awful!
2. When you were younger, what is something bad that you did but nobody ever found out it was you?
Off the top of my head I can’t think of anything, I was always the little angel in school, and I have a younger brother so there was no hiding anything from him at home!
3. What quote or saying do people spout but is actually a bunch of rubbish?
“Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me” – I hate this saying, firstly… sticks and stones aren’t breaking any bones, they’ll just bruise and I don’t know about anyone else but, I find name calling pretty hurtful (obviously depending on what is said). But yes, I just don’t get that one.
4. What ridiculous thing has someone tricked you into doing or believing?
I had a friend in school who once told me that her parents had bought her a trampoline that was the size of the whole back garden… and little me believed her! What an idiot!
5. If you could only choose three makeup products for the rest of your life what would they be?
Tinted moisturiser, mascara and eyebrow pencil (or the powder stuff people use these days – clearly an expert in the field).
6. What is your dream job?
To be a primary school teacher, year 3/4, heading towards assistant head teacher.
7. What is your nightmare job?
Anything that involves working through the night just because I hate the thought of sleeping through the day, and I’m actually pretty scared of the dark…
8. What is your blogger pet peeve?
When people don’t reply to comments, even just a thank you would be nice!
9. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Having somewhere to write and share who I am!
10. Do you feel like five year plans work?
Yes and no, yes if there are vague and just a rough idea of what you want, but no if you’re very precise in what you want within 5 years because let’s be real, things don’t always go to plan.
11. Your go to meal is…?
Homemade – spaghetti bolognese… not to toot my own horn or anything, but I make a mean ‘spag bol’. Takeaway – Indian, all day everyday! I love a chicken korma!
Questions from Elysia
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
Honestly it took me a while to finally take the plunge, but it was Elliott that eventually made me do it. I kept saying I wanted to do it, and I love to write but I had no confidence. One day he just said I should do it, and even if it didn’t work out at least I’d tried.
2. Who is your hero?
It sounds cliche, but my mum and dad for sure. My mum because she’s the strongest woman I know yet she always puts myself and my brother first. If I can be half the mum she is I’ll be happy. My dad will always be my hero, he used to be a Royal Marine and was (and still is) so proud of it, so wasn’t always home, but when he was would make the most of the time we had. He spent time in Iraq and Ireland, risking his life and that alone is enough to make him my hero, never mind everything he does for me now!
3. If everything was legal for the day, what would you do?
Rob a bank, just enough to know that I could get by in life without worrying, nothing drastic!
4. What skill would you like to master?
I’ve never give any thought to this and I really don’t know!
5. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
Get on an airplane and visit another country. It is amazing to see other parts of the world and see their cultures/way of life!
6. What city would you most like to live in and why?
York or Cambridge – I think they are both beautiful places!
7. What is something you can never seem to finish?
A can of fizzy drink, I just don’t like the bit in the bottom so I never finish it, I don’t know why but I just can’t!
8. What book impacted you the most?
I read a book once called Stella’s Stars and it was beautiful! It was about a little girl who was really unwell and needed to travel to America for treatment but her mum couldn’t afford it, even after selling their home and moving in with her mum, she meets a man who runs a bakery who, honestly, goes to the ends of the earth to help this little girl get the money she needs and when she’s in the hospital in America he flies over and takes her her favourite gingerbread biscuit.
It just goes to show that there are nice people in this world, and a little can go a long way in some peoples lives.
9. What do you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago? What do you think you’ll want to tell your current self 10 years from now?
I’ve written a post about what I’d tell myself 10 years ago, in a nut shell, I’d tell myself to stop worrying what other people think of me and to be happy the way I am.
In 10 years time I’ll hopefully want to tell my current self that I made the right choice going into teaching and just to live in the moment, be 23 instead of acting 70.
10. What’s the best way to start the day?
With a bowl of banana oats topped with Nutella!
11. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
I loved visiting the Alamo in San Antonio – Texas.
Thank you so much for both nominations (sorry this is late Elysia) I now nominate:
And your questions are…
1. What do you enjoying blogging about most?
2. If the world was about to end, how would you want to spend your last day?
3. What is the most inspirational book you have ever read? Why?
4. If you could visit one place in the world where would you go and why?
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
6. What do you like most about your blog?
7. What social media platform do you use most to grow your blog?
8. What is your main goal for this year?
9. Favourite Disney film and why?
10. Which bloggers inspire you most?
11. Do you have a favourite item of clothing? If so, what is it and why?
Thank you so much for reading, I look forward to reading everyone’s answers!